About Devgad Beach
Devgad Beach is a town located in the Ratnagiri district of the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is a well-known tourist destination due to its beautiful beaches, hill forts, and natural scenery. It is also famous for its production of the finest quality Alphonso mangoes.
Here is a 2500 words blog about Devgad from Kokan:
Devgad: A Hidden Gem in Kokan, Maharashtra
Devgad, a small coastal town in the Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra, is an idyllic getaway for those seeking peace and tranquillity. Located along the Arabian Sea, Devgad offers a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city life. The town is surrounded by scenic hills, and the clear blue waters of the Arabian Sea, making it a perfect destination for nature lovers.
History of Devgad
This has a rich history and culture, and it is believed that the town was once an important center of maritime trade. The town was ruled by different dynasties, including the Satavahanas, the Rashtrakutas, and the Marathas, among others. The town has also been an important center for the production of Alphonso mangoes, which is known for its sweetness, richness, and aroma.
Attractions in Devgad
- Beaches: This is surrounded by some of the most beautiful beaches in the Kokan region. Some of the popular beaches in Devgad include Devgad Beach, Jay Ganesh Beach, and Tarkarli Beach, among others. These beaches offer a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, and are ideal for sunbathing, swimming, and picnicking.
- Hill Forts: This is also famous for its hill forts, which are a must-visit for history and adventure enthusiasts. The hill forts, such as the Suvarnadurg Fort, offer breathtaking views of the surrounding area, and are perfect for trekking and exploring.
- Mango Orchards: This is known for its production of the finest quality Alphonso mangoes. Visitors can tour the mango orchards in Devgad and taste the delicious mangoes, which are in season during the months of May and June.
- Local Bazaar: Devgad has a bustling local bazaar, where visitors can find local produce, including mangoes, coconuts, and seafood, among others. The bazaar is also a great place to purchase souvenirs and gifts for loved ones back home.
- Religious Sites: Devgad is home to several religious sites, including the Shri Ganesh Mandir and the Shri Dwarkadhish Mandir. These temples are popular among locals and tourists alike and offer a peaceful escape from the noise of the city.
How to Reach Devgad
Devgad Beach is well connected by road, and visitors can reach the town by hiring a taxi or taking a local bus. The nearest airport is the Mumbai International Airport, which is approximately 365 km away from Devgad. Visitors can also reach Devgad by taking a train to the Ratnagiri Railway Station, which is approximately 50 km away from Devgad.
Accommodation in Devgad
This has a variety of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Visitors can find budget-friendly options, such as guesthouses and homestays, as well as more upscale options, such as resorts and hotels. Some of the popular accommodation options in Devgad include Devgad Beach Resort,