Apologies, but no results were found. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Parashurama Temple (also known as Shree Kshetra Parshuram) is a temple of Lord Parashurama, the sixth avatar of Vishnu in Hinduism. ‘Parshuram’ a spiritual place situated between Mumbai - Goa National highway number 17. It is at a distance of 10km from Chiplun towards Mumbai. An old name for the village is “Pethe” hence sometimes this place is also called as “Pethe Parshuram”. The Village “Pethe Parshuram” is divided into two parts due to Mumbai - Goa Highway. One part of the village is around the Parshuram temple & having 1500 population. The other part is situated near the river “Vashisthi” with 1200 population. Then is a shortcut walkway of 3km length from Chiplun. This way is through a hilly region, called ‘pakhadi’, constructed by Shri. Chandrakant more at the time of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s rule. Parashurama Temple was built by an initiative from Swami Paramhans Brahmendra. He was the Guru of Siddhi Yakutkhan of Janjira, Kanhoji Angre of Kolaba, Peshwa of Pune, Chatrapati Sahu Maharaj, Tararani of Kolhapur. He was also admired by the Portuguese and English for his presence in Peshwa and Angre's courts. Siddi Rasul Yakut Khan gave financial help to build Parshuram Temple in 1700. He gave Pedhe and Ambdas villages as Inam (prize) to Swamiji to incur daily expenses of the temple. Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj gave 5 nearby villages as Inam (prize). He built three temples, a Deep mahal (a tall stone structure used to light oil lamps as an offering to God) and a lodge for the pilgrims at Parashurama Temple. Kanhoji Angre gave Mahalunge, Dorle, Kalambuse, Nayari, Virmade, Anewadi and Dhawdashi Inam (prize). In 1726 Siddhi demolished the temples by blaming Swamiji for giving away their elephant to Kanoji Angre, which was not true. The elephant, on its way from Savanur to Gowalkot, was taken away by Angre's men to Jaigad. The Swami became angry and returned the elephant to Siddhi Saat. He later realized his mistake and rebuilt the demolished temples. People here used to know the time from the sound of a cannon. This temple is an excellent example of ancient sculpture. Paths are made up of jambha stone. They are known as ‘pakhadya’ they are also in good condition. All premises also constructed from jambha stone. In the innermost part of the temple, there are idols of Kal, Kam, and Parshuram. In premises, there is a well. Its name is Banganga. The atmosphere of this temple fascinates everyone. Calm and beautiful nature and idol of Parshuram made up of black stone and other idols charming appearance take us in a different world. The building of this temple is also an excellent example of architecture. On the day of Parshuram Jayanti (i.e. Akshaytrutiya), there is a huge ceremony. Thousands of devotees gather for the occasion. There is a temple of Bhagwan Parshuram‘s mother Renukamata. The major festivals celebrated at the temple are Akshaya Tritiya, Ram Navami, and Mahashivratri. The temple is managed by the Shree Dev Bhargavram Devasthan Trust.