Apologies, but no results were found. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Ratnadurg Fort is located in the town of Ratnagiri in Ratnagiri District of Maharashtra.Ratnadurg Fort is built by Bahamanis in the century. After wards the fort became property of the Adil Shahis. The fort, situated at a distance of 4 km from the town center, is one of the chief attractions of Ratnagiri. A small hill on the Ratnagiri seashore has divided the Ratnagiri shore in two parts. In local language, Marathi, it is known as "Kala Samudra"/"Safed Samudra" (Black/White sea) Ratnadurga.Popularly it is known by the name Bhagavati fort, is situated on this hill. The fort is having a shape of Horse Shoe and a length approximately 1300 m and width 1000m. It’s having strong fortifications from south-east to west side. At the upper fort Balekilla on left hand side of is one Lord Ganesh deity. Fort is Surrounded by sea from three sides and gives spectacular view of Ratnagiri. Shivaji won it in 1670 from Adilshah. Later, the fort was handed over to Aangre, who lost it to the Peshva in 1753. But unfortunately British captured the fort from the Peshva in the year 1818. The fort was used as a watch point for keeping vigil on the pirates. Perhaps this was the main reason for construction of fort on this hill. This is very easily accessible fort. There is a motorway, so one can drive up to the top.There is a tunnel jons the both upper and bottom foot of the forth on north and south side.There are many bastions on the fort. Some of them are called as Ganesh, Markya, Baskya, Vetal, Khamkya Rede, Vagha. In the middle of the fort there is a beautiful temple of Goddess Bhagawati. Due to the presence of the Goddess, the fort is also named as “Bhagawati Fort”. Every year devotees are celebrating the festival of Navaratri at the Bhagawati temple premises.There’s a legend that the Parshuram, after donating the entire Earth, had no place to reside, so he threw arrows at the seashore causing the sea to recede back a 100 yards to create this land. Some part of the fort walls are still intact and show the ability to withstand the waves of the Arabian Sea.There is an old impulsive jetty on the left side and a huge cliff on the other side. The best time to visit this fort is during the monsoons season because of its greenery alon with blue sea up and down.